Yuan-Kai Wang received the B.S. degree of electrical engineering in 1990 and Ph.D. degree of computer science and information engineering in 1995, from National Central University. He was a postdoctoral fellow in the Institute of Information Science of Academia Sinica from 1995-1999. From 1999 he joined the department of electrical engineering, Fu Jen University as an associate professor.
He has been the Chair and Program Committee member of many international conferences, and reviewers of many journals and IEEE transactions. His research interests include computer vision, pattern recognition, and machine learning. He studied applications of the above methods on video surveillance, face recognition, biometrics, and robotic vision. Currently he is interested in machine learning and video analysis for visual surveillance, embedded computer vision, human-computer interface, robotics and health care.
Memberships in Academic, Professional and Scholarly Societies
- Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE)
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
- The Chinese Association for Image Processing and Pattern Recognition (IPPR)
- Taiwanese Association for Artificial Intelligence (TAAI)
- Institute of Information and Computing Machinery, Taiwan (IICM)
- The Association for Computational Linguistics and Chinese Language Processing (ACLCLP)